Thursday, August 5, 2010

2010 World Cosplay Summit


I promise that this is the first time that I heard the name. It is World Cosplay Summit. Though I am a cosplayer enthusiast, WCS is totally a new name for me. I am not familiar with the contest until I read the news on the internet. It is said that WCS is the most important cosplay contest around the world. I know I am behind the time.

So, let me figure out what the summit is. WCS, short for World Cosplay Summit, is held by Japanese Aichi television station since 2003. Representatives from Japan, Italy, Brazil and other countries come to the cosplay contest for the final title. There are only two cosplayers from each country. They will compete with costumes and the perform of the original character. The meeting has been held 5 times. This year, 30 representatives from 15 countries attend the competition. And Japanese vice foreign minister also met with cosplayers from Mexico, Spain and the United States. I think Japanese government is promoting the cultural communication between Japan and other countries in the special way. Also I can see than Japanese government attaches great importance to the oversea output for animation, game culture.

All the cosplayers had a parade on July 31, in Aichi, Nagoya. The Japanese animation fans gave them a warmly welcome. Though it was raining in the process of the march, the crowds were still enjoying themselves. I just hope I was standing there to enjoy the summit. You know it is a good chance for every cosplay lover to attend the cosplay contest. What a pity.

Though a keen competition, Cosers from Italy take the crown. They 100 percent deserve the honor if you have saw their cosplay show. Very excellent. Nice cosplay costumes and great performance. They are the king of the cosplay field this year. I hope World Cosplay Summit go on next year, maybe I have the chance to attend it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment